Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Spring break is hereish.

So here are my plans for the next week or so On sat 3-12 I’m running the Mesquite race in the white tanks with Ariviapa running. Andy Clemens is going to run with me then probably shoot me for talking him into running it. It’s going to be a great time I'm going to crash at Andy’s house the night before the race saving me from a 3 am wake up. THANK YOU Andy! From there Becky and the kids are taking a mini vacation to stay with friends in Vegas then meeting up with me and Rex in Flagstaff or at the Grand Canyon. I have to work Sunday and Monday while they are gone but I’m taking Tuesday off. It’s my birthday and all. I’m leaving Tuesday to Mather campground so I can run the canyon on Wednesday. Poor Rex will be in the grand canyon dog jail while I run . They don't allow dogs below the rim of the canyon. My plan is to wake up early catch the Grand Canyon shuttle bus to Yaki point and follow the South Kiabab trail down to Phantom ranch, have a bite to eat then turn around and "Run" up the Bright Angel trail. I’m packing light I’ll throw on my New Osprey Talon 22 pack with 100oz of water, some snacks, change of socks and a couple of warm layers. I’ll be sure to snap some pics of the whole trip for u'all to enjoy. When I’m done running the canyon Ill free Rexley and either wait for Beck and the kids or meet them at the hotel in Flagstaff where we'll spend a few days goofing off. I hope there is snow I want to do some boarding and get the kids on some skis.

No comments:

Post a Comment