Friday, March 4, 2011

Quick epic

So I decide today I needed an adventure. But i didnt know what to do or where to go. So I hopped on my bike and rode East until the paved road ended and turned to dirt. My end goal was to reach the Alamo section of the Arizona trail. Its one of the most fun and beautiful sections of the az trail.Google said it would be a 50 mile trek I was thinking 60+ so with 144 oz of water, some snacks and warm clothes I ventured into the wild. I didn't make it to the az trail I got lost at mile 40,  missing a turn somewhere. But I made it to Box canyon and some totally brutal hills. 55 miles in all I had a great time I didn't ride the single speed I took the old trusty Gary Fisher with gears. Glad i did and Kinda glad I didn't make the alamo section I was nearly out of water and sunlight. Becky and the kids picked me up at Gonzales Pass 5 miles from Supie town and we had an awsome dinner at the Los Hermanos in Superior. One other thing, as I was getting ready to leave for my adventure, Max comes up and says "I dont want you break your leg when you crash" WoW I was a little worried the whole trip after that. Every steep section his words would cross my mind. Totally mind F&^%$# by a 5 year old!















No comments:

Post a Comment