Monday, December 6, 2010

Rambles

    All right so I decided to start running the DRT series of races that Arivipa Running is putting on. There are 6 events this fall\winter\spring I missed the first 2 but Oh well does it really matter. Along with these 4 races I'm going to run the PF Chang's marathon on Jan 16 which I said I wasn't going to because it was to expensive($130) well Intel decided to sponsor runners so I signed up and they paid the entry fee. COOL!!!  Then they came along and said they would pay the entry fees for the Lost Dutchman Marathon on Feb 5 so I signed up for that one as well.

    Anyway the first DRT run is this Sat. at McDowell Mountain park. It s going to be on the competitive track that is normally used for mountain bikes so its going to be kinda weird running on a trail that used to kick my ass on my mountain bike. Oh well!  I'm going to start with running the 25k for the first couple of races and see how that goes. If everything goes alright Ill finish the series by running the 50k in March. That is unless I get crazy and go run with the Raramuri in Copper Canyon, Mex. I actually have a friend at work who is from that area and has agreed to take me down there. Once you get passed all of the drug mules,assassins, and kidnappers I hear its nice. That run is March 6, may be I can talk Beck into letting me go as an early Birthday present.
     Here is a map of the McDowell Mt. Frenzy course.

McDowell mt. Frenzy course.
It was awful nice of them to make you climb over  a mountain in the last miles of the race. I don't have any expectations on how much time its going to take me I'm just going to go out and have a good time. Oh yeah after the run I get to look forward to going into work. Hope I finish early so I can at least catch a nap. Ill probably on do a few short runs this week leading up to the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment