Friday, December 3, 2010

The light run.

Last night Rex and I went for a run, we started along our normal everyday 4 mile loop. Then I saw some Christmas lights and we changed our course. I am amazed at the lengths people will go to decorate their houses. My wife seems to think I'm a bit of bah humbug type of guy because of my lack of decorating enthusiasm. I do appreciate the work others do to their homes this time of year. Any way my little 4 mile run turned into 10 miles in and hour and a half. It was really weird to be drawn into the lights like that. Rex and I went up and down countless streets in the neighborhood. At one point I was totally lost, hypnotized by all of the different flashing snowmen, deer, and elves. Rex was pretty confused when he saw a man in a tree hanging his lights . I have lived in this neighbor hood now for 7 years and never taken the time to notice all that goes on this time of year; people really go all out. I guess Ill go out and hang some lights!

No comments:

Post a Comment