Sunday, June 5, 2011

I suck

WOW I really suck for some reason I seem to have lost my mojo. For the last month or so my desire to run has slipped from my grasp.  After I ran the Grand Canyon running hasn’t felt the same and I don’t know why. I ran Tillman and spur cross in April. I actually came in 8th place on the spur cross run, last year I finished 50 something. Still my training has fallen by the wayside. May 1st I rode the Wiskey 50 in Prescott and had a blast. I signed up for 2 marathons, a 10 hill climb, and a 100 mile mt bike race. I’m hoping my drive comes back soon.  I love to run, I love the feeling I get from it, the sense of accomplishment, endorphins flowing through my veins.  So you would think training would be a no brainer but it’s tough.  This week the family and came up to the cabin for a little break from our reality. The real reason was for a triathlon in Show Low but alas I’m dropping from the race. Not to sound like a wuss but swimming in 48 degree water with 30 MPH winds does not sound like fun. So instead of the Tri I’m going to bike and run my butt off this weekend.  So on Thursday I knocked out 6o miles of forest road on my bike.  But I’ll write more on that later. I also have to update everyone on my past races. While we take a pause from life I’m going to do some serious blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment